Numotizine – For The Sore, Stiff Leg After Exercising Your Horse
Muscle soreness, stiffness and pain affects all types of horse breeds, ages and genders and crosses all lines of disciplines. Sprains and strains in horses usually occur when their muscles, tendons or ligaments are overworked, twisted, or overextended leading to lameness and downtime.
Numotizine® (“Numo”) is comforting poultice for animal care field, that provides amazing treatment and relief for sore stiff legs, muscle sprains, cramping, tendinitis, bruises and is also effective for painful swelling. It can be applied to areas of fresh muscular injury, bites and abscesses.
Numotizine®, known as “the pink stuff” in the veterinary world, has been widely used for over 50 years for muscle pain relief in race horses. It also works extremely well on rodeo, equestrian, show and riding horses, livestock and farm and hunting dogs.
- Lameness or limping
- Swelling in area of injury
- Stiffness in affected limb
- Heat in area of swelling
Thousands of veterinarians, trainers, groomers, saddle and tack shops, jockeys, riders, farmers and hunters trust the relief and effectiveness that Numotizine® provides their horses, pets and livestock.
Directions & Uses for Numotizine Poultice
Numotizine® one application lasts up to 8 to 10 hours and may be followed with a new application for continued treatment and relief. “Numo” may be used with oral medications (including infection) being given to the animal.
Numotizine® is medicated with guaiacol and methyl guaiacol for comfort and pain relief. Apply over the area of soreness and cover with a suitable bandage. “Numo” provides a degree of physical protection in addition to its comforting formula for reducing irritation. The product holds to the area of treatment due to bandaging.
For use as a topical analgesic for horses, livestock, dogs, and other pets. Not recommended for use on cats.
- Provides temporary relief of muscle pain, soreness and stiffness
- Effective on strains, sprains, bruises, ligament and tendon injuries
- For use following strenuous exercise or overexertion
- Useful as a counterirritant in treating painful swelling or when massage is indicated
- Also commonly applied to bites, abscesses and areas of fresh muscular injury
- Useful as a hoof packing to draw out heat and inflammation
- Liquid accumulation at top of the poultice should be stirred in before use.
- To insure suitable contact, apply at least 1/8 inch layer of NUMOTIZINE® to skin. Alternately, the poultice can first be applied to the bandage which is then wrapped about the area of treatment.
- The application may be left on 8 to 12 hours before being removed and replaced with a new application if desired. 1st application is easily removed with water.
- Numotizine® acts best when warmed to body temperature.
- Numotizine® retains its effectiveness if container is resealed following application.
Use only as directed. Do not mix with other topical ointments. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. Do not apply to irritated or broken skin or to large areas of the body. Not recommended for use on cats. Discontinue use if excessive irritation of the skin develops. Not for human use. Keep all medications out of the reach of children.
Drug Facts / Active Ingredients:
- Guaiacol: .56%
- Methyl Guaiacol: .36%
Inactive / Other Ingredients:
Clay (powdered), Color, Fragrance of Beechwood Creosote, Oil of Wintergreen, Solvent